Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Computer Organization

To keep my computer organized, I use folders. I have a MacBook, and in the Finder app, there are many folders such as pictures, videos, downloads, and more. This makes it easy to access any information that I have saved onto my laptop. My MacBook uses a hierarchical folder system. This is a very organized way to store information.

  • Tagging- to attach a label to. A good example of this is on Facebook, friends can tag each other in posts and pictures. This allows the picture or post to be shared onto that persons wall. Tagging is a quick way to share information online.
  • Social Bookmarking- a method for Internet users to organize, store, manage and search for bookmarks of resources online. An example of this is favorites on a computer. Favorites are a very fast way to go to websites that you use everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment